Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Tribute to Jason Adams

I know I have quite a bit to write about, but I wanted to take this time to write about someone who has said to me over and over that I'm an inspiration to HIM. The man I'm talking about it Jason Adams.

The first time I heard of him is when I saw his post on Siouxcountry about his blog called Promoting Real Women (http://promotingwomen.blogspot.com), his blog dedicated to MMA and the fitness industry. I highlighted his blog on FitGems (http://fitgems.blogspot.com/2010/01/fitting-review-promoting-women.html) as it was starting to take off. I check out the blog every day, as it's one of the coolest and most unique blogs in the world right now, not just for the fitness and women's MMA (which I have a newfound respect for, thanks to Jason), but in ALL of sports. I follow a lot of sports and sport blogs, and I can't think of one blog that gives people a chance to shine like his. An interview blog?! That's beyond innovation, in my honest opinion.

Over 2010, his star began to rise and rise to unbelievable heights. He opened a fan page for his blog, which is now approaching 7,000 members (I see it reaching 10,000 by summertime). He decided to make me an administrator to the fan page, as well as a writer for the blog. For him to ask me to be an admin and guest writer meant a lot to me, as this is reserved for the females that have made the biggest impact of his life. I returned the favor by making him an admin to the FitGems fan page, a guest blogger, and also gave him his own special section on the main FitGems website as well as making him a top moderator for the site. I never looked back, as making him a part of FitGems was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life.

I've said this to him, and I'm going to say it here: I see Jason as an older brother of some sorts. That's how much respect I have for him. When you diss him, you diss me. I don't give a damn if you call me a jerk or a creep or perv(I'm used to it now, even know I know it's not true), but please don't stoop so low as to call Jason out of his name. He doesn't deserve the crap he's getting from certain people, who won't be mentioned here on this blog post.

So when you get the chance, let Jason know how much you care for what he's doing for this sport. Let him know that you appreciate what he's doing. I sure as hell do. From the bottom of my heart, I know I can speak for the many female muscle athletes and female MMA fighters when I say...Thank You. :)

No comments: