FitGems is proud and happy to announce that we will be sponsoring someone for the 2011 season! Before we do that, we would like to recognize and congratulate Victoria Larvie on her sponsorship last year. Thanks to the sponsorship, she was able to take it and help out with her finances for 2010. She is planning to compete this year and will needing your help. Details here if you are interested. We will be helping her out as well. Good luck Victoria!!! :)
Now going back to THIS YEAR'S sponsorship...Competition requires a LOT more than just going to the gym for weeks and weeks (possibly months, depending on who you are). There are things to consider such as the purchasing of suits, tickets, hotel rooms, etc. You have to take care of your business PRIOR to getting to the stage in addition you take care of business ON the stage.
Like last year, this sponsorship will take care of some of your expenses for the contest of your choice (the more money/services/products is raised, the more expenses we'll be able to cover for the winner) Depending on how big the fund gets, more than one sponsorship award may be given away. The FitGems sponsorship will be awarded during Arnold Weekend 2011 to a deserving individual chosen by a secret panel. To be fair, I will NOT be on the panel.
1. Participants must be a member of the site OR fan page by no later than February 28, 2011 to be eligible for the sponsorship. If you join the site, either send me a PM (private message) or leave a comment on my page saying that you are submitting your name into the competition. If you are a member of the fan page, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, letting me know that you are submitting your name to the competition. When you get a reply from me, you are officially entered into the contest.
2. The competition the participants are competing in must take place sometime within the 2011 season after the Arnold 2011.
3. Participants can be either pro or amateur competitors, and they can compete in any division, as well as any federation.
4. Participants must write three blogs:
- An mini-autobiography about yourself (one page)
- One journal entry talking about your journey to the particular contest of your choosing.
- Your personal lists of do's/don'ts in being a competitor.
5. The winner will be awarded their via PayPal. If there are other parts to the sponsorship that need to be awarded to the winner, it will be mailed on Arnold Weekend, and the winner should receive their other winnings (hopefully) no later then 4-6 weeks after the contest has ended.
The fund starts at $200 USD (United States Dollars), begun by Jason Adams and myself If you would like to contribute to the FitGems Sponsorship Fund, click on the donate button below. If you have any questions about the sponsorship and how your company/organization can get involved, email me at email@example.com and put FitGems Sponsorship on the subject line of your email. Donations (money, photoshoots, products, etc.) will be accepted until February 28, 2011.
Good luck to all participants!!!