The news was released today that the 2011 Arnold VIP Package was going to be one of epic proportions. Here's the press release about it, from the main Arnold Sports website (http://arnoldsportsfestival.com/bulletins/articles/ASFNews12):
The Arnold Sports Festival is proud to announce several exclusive Weekend experiences that will only be offered to Arnold VIPs.
They include a Meet & Greet with competing International Federation of Body Building professionals, entry into a raffle to win lunch and photo with Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, entry into a raffle to win two Arnold VIP Ticket Packages to the 2012 Arnold Sports Festival, early entry to the Arnold Fitness EXPO, and a commemorative Arnold VIP Gift Tote and VIP Credential.
The new Arnold VIP Ticket Package exclusive features are in addition to premium seating and/or admission to nearly all Weekend events, including the 23rd Annual Arnold Classic and all other professional International Federation of Body Building events held during the Arnold Sports Festival, set for March 3-6, 2011 in downtown Columbus, Ohio.
“Arnold VIP Ticket Package buyers are the most dedicated attendees at the Arnold Sports Festival and we are proud to offer some very special enhancements to reward VIP ticket holders for their loyalty,” said Arnold Sports Festival co-producer Jim Lorimer. “We are excited to offer the Meet and Greet with IFBB professional athletes and early admission each day to the Arnold Fitness EXPO, among other exclusive offerings. These changes will provide a world-class experience for our most dedicated attendees.”
Arnold VIP Ticket Packages will cost just $350 each again in 2011 and are available via pre-sale beginning June 23 at www.ticketmaster.com/arnold. Use pre-sale code FACE. All other tickets to the 2011 Arnold Sports Festival go on sale June 28.
The Meet & Greet with IFBB Professionals will be held the evening of Thursday, March 3 at Veterans Memorial and will feature appearances by professional men’s and women’s bodybuilders, fitness, figure and bikini athletes such as Kai Greene, Phil Heath, Iris Kyle, Adela Garcia and Nicole Wilkins-Lee. (All IFBB athletes competing at the Arnold Classic and related professional events will be invited to the Meet & Greet.)
VIP ticket holders will also be invited to enter the Arnold Fitness EXPO 30 minutes before doors open to the general public on Friday, March 4; Saturday, March 5; and Sunday, March 6.
The Arnold VIP Ticket Packages will include the following 12 tickets:
* Reserved seating for the 23rd Annual Arnold Classic, Bikini International and Arnold Strongman Classic Finals on Saturday, March 5 at Veterans Memorial
* Reserved seating for the Ms. International, Fitness International and Figure International Finals on Friday, March 4 at Veterans Memorial
* Reserved seating for the Arnold Classic and Bikini International Prejudging on Saturday, March 5 at Veterans Memorial
* Admission to the Meet & Greet With IFBB Professional Athletes on Thursday, March 3 at Veterans Memorial
* Admission to the Arnold Party With The Pros – the Official Arnold After-Party – on Saturday, March 5 at the LC Pavilion
* Admission to the Arnold Amateur IFBB Fitness, Figure and Bikini Prejudging on Thursday, March 3 at Veterans Memorial
* Admission to the Arnold Amateur IFBB Men’s and Women’s Bodybuilding Prejudging on Friday, March 4 at Veterans Memorial
* Three days admission to the Arnold Fitness EXPO and all events included with Daily EXPO ticket. Arnold Fitness EXPO admission includes entrance 30 minutes before doors open to general public.
* Admission to the Ask Arnold Training Seminar on Sunday, March 6 at Veterans Memorial
* One ticket that is redeemable for a commemorative VIP Tote Bag that will include a Special VIP credential.
Presale for the VIP Package, as well as tickets for separate parts of the Arnold 2011, will begin on June 23rd, which is this Wednesday. For more on what events will be on presale this Wednesday, go here:
One more piece of advice, I've been told that if you want a good hotel within good walking distance of the Columbus Convention Center, it's best to go on and book your hotel NOW, or else you will be walking farther or need to catch a cab. Just some advice, that's all.
Have a great weekend, everyone, and to those competing at the Jr. Nationals in Chi-town this weekend, GOOD LUCK!! :)