Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Why I think Iron Sirens should be taken to the next level

The following post is merely my own opinion, and does not reflect or intent to reflect the thoughts of J.M Manion in any way, shape, or form:

For those that don’t know, Iron Sirens is a comic book series that is based on actual IFBB competitors. Created by the charismatic J.M. Manion, the popular comic book series stars eight of the top females in the IFBB today. The heroines are Susie Curry, Jenny Lynn, Adela Garcia, and Kristal Richardson. The villains (better known as Dark Divas) are Gina Aliotti, Sonia Gonzales, Lisa Kampstra, and Jenn Gates.


As of now, there are five editions of the series out so far, and they’ve been a bit hit with IFBB fans and comic book readers alike, with more obviously in the works. That got me to think…should Iron Sirens be taken to the next level, as in beyond just being a comic series? Personally, I think the answer is yes. I could so see Iron Sirens being a live-action movie, and maybe even a cartoon series.


To me, I would go the live-action movie route. And the best part of this is that Hollywood won’t have to cast any ladies to play the main characters as the characters are based on real people. The women themselves could portray their characters, thus having the potential of creating eight new mainstream stars. I mean, you don’t have to have mainstream stars to have a monster-size hit, with the movie “Twilight” coming to mind. I mean, better mainstream “unknowns” than mainstream “well-knowns”, if you look at past heroine movies. I mean, seriously…can anyone recall when a good heroine movie has come out? (I swear, if you call Catwoman (Halle Berry) or Electra (Jennifer Garner) good movies…) Oh yeah, if it were me, I’d try to rate the movie PG-13, but push the envelope like The Dark Knight did.


A cartoon series would be the other option. Again, no need for major casting, as the ladies could provide the voices themselves. The rating I would give it would be a TV-PG , maybe a TV-14 or possibly even a TV-MA if J.M. really wants to push the envelope. Depending on the rating, I think it would be a good fit for networks like MTV, Spike, or during Adult Swim on Cartoon Network.


Iron Sirens has the potential to expand to other entertainment besides the movie and cartoon series if J.M. wished to do so. Who knows, maybe in the future, maybe J.M. might just expand the Iron Sirens franchise into the things I mentioned, or maybe he’ll go further. Maybe he will just stick to creating and improving the comic book series only and not expand to new territories. As far as I know, only J.M. is the only person that knows the next move of the Iron Sirens. Knowing what he’s capable of, something tells me that the best is yet to come…


What do you think about it? Do you like this proposal? Do you hate it? How do you feel about Iron Sirens expanding or not expanding? Please your comments on this below.

For more on Iron Sirens, go to http://www.ironsirenscomics.com/
and check out the Iron Sirens MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/ironsirens.

No comments: