Friday, June 26, 2009

Words of Wisdom (June 26, 2009)

Hey everyone.

I woke up this morning hoping yesterday was nothing more than a nightmare. That things were going to be alright. Unfortunately, that is not meant to be.


Yesterday, the world lost two iconic stars. First, it was Farrah Fawcett who lost her battle with cancer at the age of 62. Most people remember her as one of the original Charlie's Angels. What man didn't want to be with her and what woman didn't want to
be her? Most fitness/figure competitors would probably put her at the original bombshell. She helped paved the way for beautiful women to make it in the entertainment.

Then, in the late afternoon, news got around that Michael Jackson collasped in his home of Los Angeles. He was rushed to the hospital, in hopes of reviving him. Many fans waited outside the UCLA hospital in hopes he would come out fine. One hour later, it was announced that the King of Pop was dead. I was outside helping my family when my sister came out and told us the news. I felt like a part of me died after hearing that...correct, I
know a part of me died after hearing the awful news. In my eyes, there will never, ever be another King of Pop. The throne is his and his alone.

In addition to Ed McMahon (who died Monday) and David Carradine, June has not been a good month in terms of Hollywood. I have a couple of qoutes I would like to share with all of you. This first one is gonna piss some people off.


"Keep your words short and sweet. You might have to eat them later"

This is directly at those who are trashing Michael after his death. Good Lord, the man's dead, lay off! He didn't have the perfect life, and I have no clue if he was doing child molestation or not. If he did, he will answer to God and God only. He owes you nothing whatsoever. I mean, I've read some of the comments on message boards and Facebook where they say that boys and mothers can breathe a sight of relief. Well, I wonder who can breathe a sight of relief when YOUR time has come to take that final breath? Hmmm...didn't like that huh? Imagine what the family is going through. Put yourself in their shoes. When you lose someone, it hurts. You don't have to like him, you can even hate him, but as a human being, as a child of God, as someone with
some decency (BTW, this obviously doesn't include that punk Perez Hilton (read his Jackson take and you'll see why)), show a little class and a little respect to those that are hurt right now. If you can't say something nice, just don't say anything at all. It's that simple.

Yep, that was a little harsh, but I needed to get that off my chest. And the other words of wisdom I have for you today is something that I think everyone needs to do:


"Live life like there's no tomorrow"


We all have one life to live, and there's no telling when it will end. No one knows except for God, as He will decide when He wants us to come home. Live life to the fullest, and don't sweat the small stuff. Tell everyone you know "Hello" and "I Love You". Never take anything for granted in life. One day, you could have it all. The next, it could all disappear. I know, I've been there.


Thank you all for taking the time to read this. I didn't post this to create enemies. I made this post to make you think. Take care, and enjoy your weekend. :)

No comments: