Thursday, January 8, 2009

Physique judges are people, too...

HTML clipboard

I’m about to piss some people off and become a wanted man among some fans and schmoes (and maybe some competitors) for saying this…but at times, I feel bad for the judges of this sport; I really do. Now, I know what you’re thinking…why would you feel sorry for these morons? First and foremost, they are not morons. They are just like you and me. They have to make hard decisions. And for them, they have guidelines they have to follow. To the best of my knowledge, there are people above them that decided the guidelines of the physiques in their federations, and all the judges can do is judge from what they see right in front of them on that day.


I'm not being a kiss-ass to them; I'm just stating the obvious. Am I saying that all judges are fair? ABSOLUTELY NOT! In life, you’re gonna have those corrupt people in everything, but there’s not as many as one might think. But in all things, it’s the bad that overshadows the good in any sport, event, or job in the eyes of the average person. And judges are not immune to this. I don’t know how they are individually, but when you talk about judges as a whole, at times they are like Rodney Dangerfield; they get no respect, and that’s just wrong.


To the competitors out there who are blaming the judges for their placements, could you think that you might be doing something wrong? Take your loss as a learning tool and learn from it. If you didn't place where you wanted to, go to them and ask them face to face what the problems was. Trust me, I’ve had to deal with some trial and error trying to get my FitGems Nation site up and running (still learning). To those that think the judges just don’t like your favorite competitor(s) and are only picking who they like personally, I’ve got some words for you…GROW THE HECK UP! Last time I checked, the world didn’t revolve around just you. Your favorite competitor just didn't have the right package to get that certain placing you felt like they deserved. I'm not going to claim that I've never thought bad about judges. I was one of those people that thought that they are only awarding certain people based on sponsor or their name, or blah, blah, bla-dey blah. However, I realized that I was just being selfish and stupid, and realize that the judges aren't to blame.


I’m gonna tell you right now, I don’t think I could be a judge. I don’t have what it takes to make a major decision on hand like the physique judges. My hat is off to all of them. Bottom line, if you don't like what is being judged, contact the federation and let them know about your displeasure. Don't take it out on the judges; they are just doing their jobs. Judges, keep doing your thing and remember why you are in that position in the first place. You have my respect.


There you go...my honest take on the judges, and why they should be respected by all members of the industry (especially fans) rather then ridiculed. You may now leave all complaints, hate messages, and wedgie threats below. Thank you.

No comments: