Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sharing a TenSpot with...Rosa-Marie Romero

G'day, mate!



This Sharing a TenSpot has got some international flavor as I interviewed Austraila's top IFBB figure competitor Rosa-Marie Romero. In a couple of contest last year, she put her own twists on the figure quarter-turns by adding some (I'm assuming) NABBA posing to them. 2007 seemed to be her year to compete as often as needed to get her name across, and I think she more then accomplished that. Now she is looking to do more than get her name across; she wants to establish herself as a force in the IFBB Figure division. And to be quite honest with you, I don't see anyone or anything that can stop her from become arguably the biggest Austrailan muscle star since the immortal AR-NOLD.





(From Muscular Developement)

FitGems: State your name and profession (fitness/figure/female bodybuilding/other).
Rosa-Marie Romero: Rosa-Maria Romero, IFBB Pro Figure & NPFC/IFBB Judge

FitGems: How many years have you competed?
Rosa: I lifted my first set of weights in April 2003 after the birth of my two boys Dylan & Jaime. I competed that same year for the first time in the WNSO/ANB Nationals and took out the Australian overall Title! I have not looked back since.

FitGems: What are your best lifts in the gym (that you are most proud of)?
Rosa: I don’t measure – sorry

FitGems: You have competed in both The U.S. and Australia. What differences (positive and/or negative) are noticeable in IFBB Australian figure and IFBB American figure?
Rosa: Competition in Australia is quite different to the States. The girls are a lot harder and muscular down under. I guess this look is preferred, but I love competing in the US. I have competed in 6 shows so far since turning Pro and let me assure you my best is yet to come! 2008 will be my year that is for sure. Right now I am looking my best ever and I am 6 weeks out of the New York Pro Figure. I can’t wait to get back on stage and show the judges exactly what this little ‘Aussie Gal’ has got!

FitGems: What (if anything) would you change about your profession?
Rosa: Nothing. I love what I do and I honestly cannot see myself ever letting go.

FitGems: Although it isn’t much, do you like the positive mainstream exposure of female muscle so far?
Rosa: Absolutely. Muscles are sexy. The more female exposure we get the better. I am extremely proud of my latest cover “Aussie Hardcore Muscle”. I am shown holding a barbell and my abs are quite intense in the shot. I think it’s healthy for women to train with weights and be proud of their body whatever their shape and size.

FitGems: Who do you look up to the most for your inspiration?
Rosa: I look up to my mum who has inspired and supported me since day one. Everything I know I learnt from her and I could never thank her enough – Thanks mum…..x

FitGems: You have never competed in either the Arnold or Olympia. Do you see yourself in one of both of those competitions in the near future?
Rosa: 100% yes. I will be competing in both those shows in the next year. Just wait and see!

FitGems: If there was any celebrity that would be a perfect fit in a fitness/figure/female bodybuilding competition, if giving time to be able to condition themselves?
Rosa: I have never thought about this but it would great to see Cameron Diaz strutting her stuff on the Figure stage. Not only does she have the body but the personality to light up any stage.

FitGems: What are your future plans in the female muscle industry?
Rosa: 1. To qualify for the 2008 or 2009 Olympia
2. To compete at the 2009 Figure International
3. To continue inspiring others to lead a healthy lifestyle
4. Promote the sport world wide

Fans can reach Rosa at rose@fitrose.com or visit her website, www.fitrose.com.

Due to her being from Austraila, I have to end this blog entry this way: Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, OY OY OI! :)

No comments: